Adopt a Pet
Looking for a pet? Start your search here!Pet Search
We are open to walk-in traffic Tuesday through Sunday, beginning at 11am. When you arrive, you will be added to a waiting list.You must have an animal ID# prepared to be added to the waiting list. There may be a wait to meet a pet, or the waiting list may be full for the day.
How to add a new pet to your family
- Visit https://animalfoundation.com/adopt-a-pet/adoption-search to browse adoptable animals and write down a couple animal ID#s before you arrive.
- Adoptions take place on a first-come, first-served basis for walk-in traffic, beginning at 11am.
- When you arrive, you will be added to a waiting list. You must have at least one animal ID# to be added to the waiting list.
- Please note, patrons sometimes line up before we open to meet a pet, especially during fee-waived adoption events.
- We do not place holds on pets.
- Please do not bring your current pets with you to the shelter. We do not allow in-shelter dog-to-dog introductions. The shelter is a strange and stressful place for most pets and does not provide an accurate indication of how the animals will act in a home environment. The most successful dog-to-dog introductions are properly staged outside the shelter environment. We provide step-by-step instructions on how to properly introduce your new pet to resident pet(s).
If you still have questions after viewing our FAQ page, for the quickest reply, please email our adoptions team at email@example.com. You can also call the adoptions department at 702-955-5901.
Our database is regularly updated throughout the day and contains all of our adoptable pets, including pets with special needs or advanced considerations. Adoptions are on a first-come-first-served basis, so hurry in!Learn More
Adoption Info & FAQs
All your questions about how to adopt a pet from The Animal Foundation are answered here, including adopter requirements, fees, and licenses.Learn More
Life at the Shelter
Animal shelters can be stressful, scary places for lost, abandoned, and homeless pets, which is why The Animal Foundation has established effective enrichment and behavior programs that make pets more adoptable while keeping them happy and healthy.Learn More
Share Your Happy Tail
We love to see your photos, videos, and hear your personal stories! When you share Happy Tails, you help more abandoned and lost dogs, cats, and other pets from our Las Vegas animal shelter find their forever homes.Learn More