In addition to cash donations, The Animal Foundation is always in need of basics such as new and gently used blankets & linens, collars, and leashes. We welcome gifts of all kinds. From peanut butter and litter pans to blankets and Kong toys, The Animal Foundation and the animals appreciate your help! Support of this nature is considered a gift in-kind and is eligible for tax deductions under charitable giving as defined by the IRS.
Our Amazon Wish List
You can also purchase most of these items and more on our Amazon Wish List! The Animal Foundation appreciates everyone who donates to us through Amazon.
Please note, however, we are not told who the gift is from unless you choose to include a ‘gift note.’ Please include your name as well as an email address and/or mailing address. If you do, we can send you a thank you and donation receipt. We are VERY appreciative!
We are in constant need of these items (please drop off at the white Adoptions Tent where you will be issued a gift receipt for your items):
• New and gently used linens (towels, sheets, blankets, pillow cases, bath mats, etc.)
• Pillows (microfiber only, no feathers)
• Rugs/carpet squares (with bound edges only, on all sides)
• Dog treats (Pup-peroni is a shelter dog favorite) and cat treats
• Paper towels
• New and gently used collars, harnesses and leashes
• New dog and cat toys
• Canned cat food and Kitten Milk replacer (KMR) for kittens in foster care
• Milk replacement formula for puppies
• Nursing bottles for puppies and kittens
• Stretch and Scratch Cat Scratchers
• Dog and cat beds for rescue pets
• Treat-dispensing dog toys (like Kongs)
• Unopened jars of peanut butter
• Fish tanks
• New dog and cat brushes
• Pooper Scoopers
• Grooming dryer and clipper blades
• Letter-sized office copy paper
• Spray bottles
• Mops and Mop Buckets
• Rubber cleaning gloves
• Latex exam gloves
Please note: Due to storage and safety, we are unable to accept cleaning chemicals.
Certain medical supplies can be accepted, but please call the Public Clinic to inquire as some restrictions apply (702-384-3333, ext. 904).