The two- and four-legged friends at The Animal Foundation are excited to announce the launch of our brand new Online Foster List! Click here to view it!
Our Online Foster List is an up-to-date list of all animals at our facility that are in need of temporary placement in a foster home with an animal lover like you! We encourage you to check it out and join us in saving lives by signing up to be a foster parent for one or more of these incredible pets.
Here are 5 things you should know about the Online Foster List:
- Our goal is to place listed pets into life-saving, quality foster homes as quickly as possible. Requests to foster specific animals will be addressed in the order they were received. We will try our best to match you up with specific animals you are interested in, but encourage you to be open to other placements if the pets you were interested in fostering have already been placed.
- If you have fostered with The Animal Foundation before, and are interested in fostering one of the animals on the list, contact the Foster Coordinator via email, and include the Animal ID of the pet you are interested in fostering. If you have not fostered with The Animal Foundation before, you must complete a Foster Application online before we can place an animal with you.
- Details, including age, gender, breed and weight are included for each listed animal.
- Animals listed on the Online Foster List have been recommended for foster care for a variety of reasons. Some animals are too young to be made available for adoption (all animals must be two months and two pounds to be adopted) and need more time with their nursing moms or a few more weeks to grow. We keep litters together, and require nursing moms to be placed into the foster home with the puppies or kittens. These animals are listed for Reason: TOO YOUNG or Reason: NURSING in the Online Foster List. Sometimes, pets at our facility get a little sick and need some time away from the shelter to recuperate. These animals are listed for Reason: MEDICAL in the Online Foster List. Required medication will be provided at no cost, if needed, to the foster parents.
- The Online Foster List is a new program for our staff. Please be patient as we may experience an increased number of applications for our Foster Program.
Steps to get started as a foster parent:
- Learn more about The Animal Foundation’s Foster Program. Click here for information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Complete a foster application form online. (Note: If you are an existing Animal Foundation Foster Parent, you don’t need to complete a new application!)
- If you are interested in fostering a specific animal or animals listed on the Online Foster List, contact the Foster Coordinator via email, and include the Animal ID(s) for the pet(s) you’re interested in caring for. Please be patient! We will respond to you as quickly as possible!